Wednesday, August 12, 2015

And Here We Go! The Sixth Pregnancy is Upon Us!

That's right. It's true. Even though the first HCG blood draw said otherwise. Not every lab is accurate! Go early pee sticks!

Last pregnancy journey began May 2014. We tried for seven months. December 2014 came around and Bam! Pregnant! I won't drag it out and surprise you, but if you've been reading the prior posts, you'll know that was not a happy ending. March 2015 pregnancy/baby number 5 came to an end. Five months later and already we're at pregnancy 6!

I am only four weeks and four days today. I'm posting so early for a number of reasons. 1. No one really reads this blog that I know (if I don't know you thanks for reading!) 2. I don't want to miss out on recording such details, as I have yet to order my pregnancy journal and 3. I am in so much discomfort and pain that I cannot do anything else such as house work or cooking so I figured I will just write. Today is Wednesday August 12th. On Friday August 7th my HCG showed less than 5 and my progesterone was 13.5. The "lab guy" at my doctor's office told me "You probably didn't even ovulate because your progesterone was too low." Yet, that same day I had a phantom ghost line on a pregnancy test that I had to hold just right to see, and yet, it was always in the same exact place. Saturday morning during camping, I peed in a disposable cup in the outhouse, came out, husband looked at test and said, "Call your doctor. You're pregnant. Your labs are wrong." Saturday evening the test was darker and Sunday when we came home the digital read "PREGNANT 1-2" So take that lab test! Bam!

On Tuesday August 11th I had labs drawn again. Today I was called with the news. HCG 140, Progesterone 18. Good good good. My progesterone is still low so my Napro doctor wants me to continue supplementation. After much complaint about giving myself shots and the three day disability they render me useless each time, she has agreed to give me another alternative. I am very thrilled about this because I no longer have to jab a five inch needle into my hip twice a week. (Okay, 2 inches. And that's no joke.)

As I doubt anyone will actually read this, I feel safe posting. If I'm wrong, please don't go congratulate me on facebook. :)

After many dark storms I've had to deal with in the last several months, this is one of the positive that keeps me holding onto hope. My oldest son prays during dinner "Thank you God for the baby and please don't let it die." Amen. Sounds like a wonderful prayer to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment