Monday, April 29, 2013

Remember how I said time races... PREGNANT AGAIN!!!!!

                                                                   



Quite embarrassing. The last post I had was in November! Can you believe it? Even more shocking is the fact that, during that post I was indeed pregnant and did not even know it at the time! Yes, pregnant, again!!! That's right. Now that I am 27 weeks I figured I better get on the ball! A pregnancy blog that doesn't even keep up with the pregnancies. Shame on me. Well, I have somewhat of an excuse. The first one is named Matthew, the second one is named Augustus, and the third one is named Goose in my belly who has kept me nice and sick and tired until about now!

So yes, number three is due July 24th. I am surprise, having yet another boy! That's right. Three little boys I will have under three years old. Actually, under two and a half. That's right. Busy me with little boys. No tutus or pink ribbons for this Mamma! We have Thomas the Train, dinosaurs and Lightening McQueen all decked out in the bedroom already. I get my girl time by doing my hair, window shopping online, and attempting to make other lady friends. Speaking of, let me start back at November...


November... Returned from my brother's beautiful wedding in Hawaii. Had a wonderful time. Apparently missed my husband and decided to make a baby that very month. Then I decided to turn 28 and have a quiet thanksgiving at home in Connecticut, with just Dave, while the babies slept!  It was pretty nice actually. On Thanksgiving day, the stick read positive and we knew, indeed, that we were definitely pregnant (five months ahead of our 'scheduled plan'!)

December... Matthew turned 2 and we had a little birthday party for him. I made a snowman cake and we had a few friends come over and spoil him with gifts. Christmas was like Thanksgiving, only the babies were awake and partook in the festivities at home. :)

January/February: We prepared for our big move out of the navy. At the end of February, we took leave early and moved out of our house. We had the truck packed up, towed the car, and drove to Nebraska to look for a house. We stayed for a week in a hotel and my mom and Dean came to help take care of the children while Dave and I purchased a house. Our house is in town and very nice. Not huge, but big enough to call home for a long time before the boys get big and force us into hopefully, an acreage. Then we drove home to South Dakota to spend a little more than a  week at home with family

March: We closed on our house and moved in! Life in a small town begins. Dave had half the month off before starting his new job at the power plant. We enjoyed our time together and set our house up. My morning sickness is pretty bad still and I'm on two zofran a day. My back has had ups and downs, as usual, but overall nothing really major. Augustus Charles turned 1 on March 13. Grammy was here to make him a teddy bear cake and we celebrated with just the family.

April: The weather here is very weird... sun, then rain, then snow, all in the same week! Grandpa came for a visit and painted the toy box black with white dinosaur silhouettes.  He played with the boys and seemed to very much enjoy them, as they did he. Today is April 29th. We still have not found a church. I live a 10 minute walk from the grocery store which is great when it is nice out. :) I have joined MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) and hope to make some decent mommy friends through them! Dave is in training for the job and doing extremely well. Too well, in fact. A year long training course of modules has taken him a little over a month and he is nearly finished! I'm very proud of him. This just means he will have to start doing 'actual work' sooner! Our lawn mower arrived today and Dave has quite a yard to mow!

MILESTONES: Augustus talks a lot! He says "what's that, cookie, juice, milk, ball, dino, car, train" and several dozen other words. Pretty much anything you tell him he can repeat back to you. Matthew has mastered counting to ten back in March and knows almost all of his alphabet letters except five. Matthew uses the potty in the daytime when he feels like it. Mostly, when he is motivated enough to get an M&M.

Wow! I've finally written. No time to edit or spell check. The smell of funkiness out of a diaper is now wafting through the air and so I must go be Mommy and do all the very things that have kept me from writing in the first place! Hopefully I'll post again before I have a third child. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment